RSS

Cambodia with love (Part 1)

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." - Matthew 28:19-20

I've been hearing this verse since I was young. This so called "Great Commission" was given by Jesus before He ascended to Heaven. I always wondered, when could I really go for mission? Would I have a chance to do so? 
Then here came the opportunity for me to go for mission. The story began from the beginning of the year 2012. GEPC, which is my church here in Malaysia, announced that they will have a mission trip to Cambodia in May. I just didn't bother about it because I was not that interested in it. Chinese new year came, and surprisingly I got, hmmmm.. I can say quite a lot of ang pao. I was thinking that with this money I could buy thing that I wanted since last year. Then my mind decided to buy that thing, which is Ipad 2. Everyday I did a collection of information about Ipad 2. But there was a night, I felt that God was speaking to me. He asked me to go to Cambodia for mission. Then I decided to go. That means I had to forgo my plan to buy the Ipad 2. 

So I went to talk to my Pastor that I'm going for this mission trip, then I registered. I spent all of my ang pao money to buy the flight ticket to Cambodia, which cost me RM 450 (around Rp 1.350.000) for return journey. And RM 400 (around Rp 1.200.000) for my meals, accommodation, transport, love gift to people there, etc. And it has not included the pocket money yet. After spending all that money, at first I felt quite sad. I have to forgo my Ipad 2 for the 5 days mission trip to Cambodia. I didn't know what we are going to do and experience in Cambodia, and I pray to God that through this mission trip, God will show something to me and the team.

                                             Say hello to Cambodia

So my team (Myself, Eld. Anba, Ben, and Marissa) went to Cambodia last week, from Thursday 17 May to Monday 21 May. We Had a GREAT experience there which explanation by words alone is not enough to show you all how great was our experience there. Now Cambodia has my heart. My heart is still there. I'm totally in love with Cambodia. How I love the people there. How I and my team is really blessed there. We come to bless people there, but we ourselves are blessed as well. And I totally don't regret of forgoing my Ipad 2 for this 5 days mission trip to Cambodia. 

This is the background and a quick glance of my mission trip to Cambodia. Will tell you the detail stories and show you the picts in my next post. :)


To be continued.... 

0 comments:

Post a Comment